Monday, February 6, 2012

Blessing Blog 13 - Cowboy UP

CowBoy UP!

My family is a long line of cowboys. No they weren't infamous or notorious western hero's like the Lone Ranger but they loved anything and everything Western.  From horses and cattle wrangling to shoot'em up spaghetti westerns, if cowboy was in the air they were and are still participating.  

I love these men in our family history - these Cowboys.  They have taught me the true meaning of Cowboy UP!  Cowboy UP defined simply means when you get knocked off your horse, you brush the dirt off and climb back on.  That is courage in my world and alot of the men I love have this kind of courage and teach this kind of lifestyle to their children.  

In a world, where coddling our children has become synonymous with lawsuits against teachers or principals for discipline, I miss this kind of lesson.  Lessons where you do something wrong, you apologize or you don't make the team in your first try, you try try again.  This is Cowboy UP in my world - not western per say but straight forward and to the point - no dillydallying!  

I'm thankful that I grew up with men who were plain spoken - who said what they meant every time and if they apologized you knew it was sincere.  My daughter's Uncle Travis is one of these special men and I love him for being true to who he was born to be - A True Cowboy that knows the meaning of Cowboy UP. 

As a great cowboy, Wil Anderson said "It's not how your buried, it's how your remembered." Now that's true Cowboy UP!

Well here is my tribute to all the cowboys out there in Texas and the world over! 

Until Tomorrow Blessings, 
GigiCharm

No comments:

Post a Comment